Saturday, April 20, 2019

A Raft Of Wood Ducks


Wood Duck Gathering

Conferencing
Happy Together
It's 8:38 as I start my blog, having just returned from 50-minute kayaking.  It was overcast and cool though not raining, a boring paddle until I happened upon a raft of wood ducks, waddling along the shoreline next to the Victoria Creek.  Exciting.  I have been up since 6:30, to gray skies and rain which let up just as I went out to paddle.  We received over an inch of rain in the last 24 hours and it's supposed to rain both today as well as tomorrow, Easter Sunday.

7:03

7:21
Yesterday I was fortunate to get in a good paddle before the rains arrived.  After the kayaking, coffee, breakfast and finishing the blog, I left for yoga with Julie, always a good class.  We have become good friends since she began yoga with me seven years ago and interestingly, she grew up on Woodlawn, her family having a summer house.  After class, I was tempted by a coffee but twice a week seems enough so I came straight home.

Kayak Morning
When I returned home, Evie was relaxing, having had a bad night.  It's no fun when you can't get a good night's sleep.  Lunch was easy, ramen and a bagel with cream cheese and tomatoes and I watched another episode of BAD BLOOD, as Declan decides to undermine the Mafia Boss.  Maybe.  I then spent the afternoon reading, napping, reading, and listening to the rain.  I also have been saving the NBA playoff games so I watched the Golden State/Clippers game in the afternoon, always fun because of Stephen Curry's amazing shooting.

Around 5:00, Evie started prepping the vermouth/lemon sauce for our scallops.  Once that was done, we relaxed with a glass of wine, then put a pot of linguini on the stoved for ten minutes.  We combined the sauce and scallops with the linguini and romano cheese and we had a delicious dinner, with a salad and Portuguese roll.  We watched a Colbert or two, then two episodes of a series on Netflix called RAKE, recommended by Linda and Ron.   It follows a quirky lawyer, behind on his taxes, in debt to his bookies but he always seems to win his case.  Plus it's often funny and has lots of nudes scenes.  What more could we want?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...