Thursday, February 9, 2023

Windy, Wet, And 37º

7:33

It's 7:00 and just starting to get light and I have been up since 6:15. It looks like a dreary morning, of rain, and gray skies, with a high wind advisory, not exactly winter weather. Because of the rain and melting lake, no ice fishermen are out this morning, I just came back from breakfast in Bemus, on a miserable, wet, and windy morning. 

Fishing Wednesday Afternoon

Wednesday was another typical day with little change from Tuesday. I was up and having my coffee by 7:30, wrote the blog and was off to a yoga class by 9:40. It was another rigorous class with Tara but all of us left feeling good. I then made a couple of quick stops, once at Aldis, another at Wegmans before coming home.

Evie had been busy while I was gone and was ready to drive to Lakewood for a workout. For lunch, she made me a couple of cheese sandwiches to go along with cauliflower soup. It was just right and I continued to watch the documentary, "Who We Are." I have finally found a book I am enjoying, The Oath, a Dismas Hardy novel by John Lescroart. This is the sixth book in the series and I have liked all of them. 

Afternoon Blue

I took a brief nap and was up when Evie returned from the YMCA. Since we were meeting friends for dinner at 6:00 in Jamestown, neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon. Surprisingly, the sun came out in the afternoon, with blue skies, brightening our moods, so I repaired a broken kitchen drawer, an easy fix.  Then, because of the blue skies, I went for a short walk around the neighborhood, staying off the still-frozen road and walking in the front yards, along the lake. 

Dinner At Forte

We left for Jamestown at 5:40 and met Tom and Jane at Forte, one of our favorite restaurants. They were already seated, enjoying cocktails when we walked in. It was a fun night, as we had lots of laughs before and during our dinner. Evie and I shared a bottle of Malbec and Evie had the Pittsburgh steak salad and I had short ribs with miso and veggies. This is the third time we have had dinner with Tom and Jane and they are an interesting couple. Jane is from the Cleveland area and all four of us went to colleges in Ohio before settling in New York so we had lots to talk about.

We were home by 9:00, fat and happy, ready to watch a little TV before going up to bed early, the end of a good day, We are becoming quite the social couple because we have dinner at friends' tonight.  Lucky us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...