Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Ice Fishermen Are Back

Tuesday Afternoon Fishing

8:01

It's 7:40 and I have been up since 6:30, alas, on another cold 12º morning. A few flurries are falling but nothing substantial for the day. I count three tents out so far and one was out when I got up at 6:30. It's another cold day and the temperatures might just get up to the low 20s.

Setting Up This Morning

Yesterday was a typical Tuesday for both of us. I was up at 7:40 and for some reason. I had to hustle to yoga, leaving after breakfast and the blog, by 9:10. The roads were fine and I made it just before class started at 9:30. After class, I stopped at Ryders for a cup of coffee and talked with Dave, the local self-appointed Mayor for 15 minutes. I then had three quick stops, once to Lakewood Furniture to take photos of a couple of sectionals we liked. I then went to the Honda dealer to see how I fit in the new Honda CRV Hybrid. I fit easily so it's a possibility down the road although availability is scarce. Finally, I bought gas, thinking that it was going to get down to close to zero over the weekend so I should fill her up.

Tuesday Afternoon

Ellery Farm

When I returned home, Evie was busy in the kitchen and had my lunch made, a couple of tuna/avocado sandwiches on the Mt Athos bread from the West Side Market. I watched another episode of Fauda and have one to go and will have to find new series or rewatch an old one. The afternoon went quickly, with my book and a nap. 

Victoria

Northern Sky

By 4:00, I was ready for a walk although Evie was not feeling well for, had a headache, and had to lie down. I walked out woods in chilly weather but it felt good to be out, to breathe in the cold air as the sun was setting through the trees off to the West. 

The Woods

Western Sky

Fortunately, dinner was just warming up the chicken, gravy, and mashed potatoes because Evie was still off. She did manage to eat her dinner and felt a bit better. We watched a couple of ERs before she went up to bed early and I stayed down and watched some basketball. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...