Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Another Bright, Shiny Winter Morning

7:10

7:44

Once again I am playing musical chairs this morning as the sun fills our living room with light. I was up at 6:45, in time to watch the sunrise at 7:21. It looks like another good day, with yoga in the morning, then Mahlan, our Amish tree guy, is arriving at noon to finish off the cutting down of our willow and taking away all of the branches and trunk.

Dueling Tree Trimmers

What They Left Behind

Yesterday we spent a good part of the morning just watching the tree guys from Niagara Mohawk take down most of our willow, piece by piece so as to avoid our garage and the electrical wires. They had two trucks with guys working together from their pods. They were skilled and knew what they were doing. They arrived at 9:00 and were on their way by 11:00, having left about 20 feet of trunk for Mahlan to take down. Because it was no longer a threat to the electrical wires, they left the rest of the trunk for the tree guys.

We then did some decorating of our newly appointed TV room although we cannot make up our mind as to the kind of table we want if we want one. I was hungry by noon and remembered we still had pizza leftover from Friday night so that was my lunch. I watched another episode of Mr, Robot, then adjourned to the couch and read my new novel, Tomorrow, And Tomorrow, And Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin, about two gamers struggling to make it in the game industry. I also was able to take another good nap and wondered when I woke, if it was morning or afternoon, a sign of a good nap. Around 4:00, Evie put together our dinner, Ina Garten's Lemon Chicken and I decided I needed to get in a walk, so I spent close to an hour in our woods, loving the contrast of the blue sky, the dark trees, the brown leaves on the ground. 

Winter Woods

Victoria/Woodlawn

A Willow

Once I returned, we relaxed in the living room, listening to the news and some music until we got hungry around 6:45. We loved the new chicken recipe, with rice, broccoli, and a salad. And we looked forward to getting back to our shows, Jeopardy, ER, and Dear Edward. We ended the night with the terrible news of a shooting on the Michigan State campus. And that was it for a Monday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...