Friday, February 10, 2023

Still Windy, Maybe Some Flurries

7:56

It's just after 7:00, another gray morning although the wind is beginning to die down after howling much of the night. It's 33º and a big day as we get our new furniture and Niagara Mohawk is coming to take down our willow tree. I just hope they are not here at the same time. 

Yesterday began with my rising by 6:15, just like the old days but I had no lake to kayak on (it's still frozen). I read and had my coffee until I drove over to Bemus for breakfast at 8:00. I was home by 9:00, in time to finish up the blog and head off to yoga at 9:30. Our instructor, Danielle, is back after spending a month in the Far East, in Bali, then northern India at a yoga retreat. She always brings back some exciting ideas for class. Yesterday was waking our body by tapping with our hands, first, our arms, then legs, both front and back, and finally stomach and chest. A different way to start our class. After class, I stopped at Ryders Cup. The regulars, Dave and Paul, were there and we gabbed until noon when we had to move on. While I was gone, Evie was busy finishing up the deep cleaning of our TV room, polishing and cleaning all the woodwork before our furniture arrives. She also had time to make me a lunch of store-bought ravioli with tomato sauce, tasty and filling. I watched another episode of Mr. Robot and Evie left to work out at the gym. 

Rainbow In The Afternoon

Looking North At 5:12

I then read and napped and early afternoon, it was overcast and gray so I had no interest in doing anything besides couching it. By 5:00, however, it started to clear up briefly and a huge rainbow appeared out on the lake, with blue skies to the north. By 5:45, it had clouded up again and looked threatening.

Dinner With Jim, Barb and Joe 

At 6:00, we drove over to Barb and Jim's because our road was icy. They also invited another neighbor, Joe, who was up for a few days. We always have a good time at their house and great food and last night was no exception. We enjoyed wine or beer and appetizers for an hour, warmed by their fire. Dinner was cod filets on spinach with rice and a salad. Yum. We stayed at the table and talked until 9:30, after finishing our brownies for dessert. It was a good way to spend a Thursday evening, with friends and delicious food. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...