Friday, February 24, 2023

Cold And Windy

Thursday Afternoon Sky

7:13

It's 7:25 and I have been up for an hour, listening to the wind whistle, and watching the whitecaps roll by. In other words, it's not a kayak morning for me. It's cloudy but the sky is finally starting to lighten and I can see seagulls soaring over the lake. 

Riding A Tiny Ice Floe

Mergansers Are Back

Yesterday turned out to be a pleasant day, especially in the afternoon. The day started with breakfast in Bemus, then finishing the blog and driving to Lakewood for yoga. It's a crowded class but I was able to find a spot in the front. Yin is always the most popular class because it's the least rigorous and we never stand. I stopped for coffee at Ryders Cup and talked with the regulars until noon when I drove off and did a quick run through a busy Aldis. It seems to be where all the Amish like to shop, 

I was home by 12:30 and had the leftover rigatoni and chicken thighs for lunch. I am watching a series on TV that I may have seen before, based on J. K. Rowling's detective series with Cormoran Strike. I know I watched the first season, maybe the second but not the third which is new. Anyways, I like it enough to stick with it. I then got back to my book and tried to nap but by 3:00 I was out kayaking, as the lake calmed down, some sun came out, and it warmed up into the 40s. I was out close to an hour and paddled across to Long Point, back to Sandy Bottom, and home along Woodlawn, a great way to spend the afternoon. By the time I returned, the sun had disappeared and all was gray and threatening again. I then spent a half hour picking up the deadfall in our front yard, a result of the heavy winds the last couple of days. 

Kayak Afternoon

Long Point And Blue Skies

Bemus Bay

Northern Sky

Victoria/Woodlawn

Earlier in the day, Evie had made our favorite curry, with lamb, bananas, and apples so for dinner, she made rice and a salad after our glass of wine. The curry was delicious and I love the bananas and apples in it. It's from Craig Claiborne's International cookbook, a cookbook we used in Istanbul back in the 70s. This particular curry is from the French section. We then watched our shows until 9:30 when Evie went up to bed and I then watched some NBA until 10:00. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...