Friday, February 17, 2023

Lake Open And A Dusting Of White

7:12

8:15

8:33

It's 7:30 and I woke at 6:30 to light snow covering our lawn. And I just looked outside at 7:30 and was shocked to see two mallards float by because I didn't realize the lake had thawed at least in front of our house. It's 32º and will drop down into the teens later in the day. Welcome back, Winter. It's 8:15 and I just finished writing the blog. It's still snowing and I am waiting for Evie to rise and shine. 

Mallards In The Morning

Yesterday, a Thursday did not change much. I skipped breakfast because we were having trouble with our Internet and a service person from Spectrum came by at 8:15 and changed our router which seemed to do the trick although it just went out this morning for a few minutes so I don't know what is going on. He left and I finished up the blog and drove off to yoga at 10:00 with Danielle, another crowded class compared to four guys on Wednesday. This seems to be a hip week because all three classes emphasized them. By the end of class, I had enough and was ready to do something else. 

I skipped coffee and drove straight home because it was already 11:30 when yoga ended. Evie had been busy getting the daily things done, like changing the bed sheets and doing laundry, always fun. She made me an avocado bagel for lunch before driving off to the Y for a workout. She is starting to get into it which is neat. I wasted the afternoon and should have gone out for a walk but our tree guy said he might be able to stop by late afternoon and get rid of the stump. He never made it, alas.

Evie was home by 3:00 and found me on the couch, reading my book. Interestingly, I was reading an interview with novelist Jojo Moyes this past week in the NYTimes and she mentioned the book I am reading,  Tomorrow And Tomorrow And Tomorrow and it brought her to tears. It made me wonder where in the book brought her to tears and now I know. 

We had our spritzers and listened to the news as the long day waned. Then, Evie got busy in the kitchen. Earlier, she had put potatoes in the oven. So once they were done, she made a cheese sauce, cooked broccoli and we had a tasty veggie dinner of cheesy broccoli over baked potatoes and, of course, a salad. We started Ted Lasso, the second season, but were not ready for his humor. We then watched the old standby, Jeopardy, and ER, a series we go to when we have nothing else. 

New Think:

How to stop time: kiss.
How to travel in time: read.
How to escape time: music.
How to feel time: write.
How to release time: breathe. ~Matt Haig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...