Saturday, February 11, 2023

Gray With a Dash Of White

7:55

It's 7:30 on a 26º Saturday morning and I am wondering if winter is over. We hardly got a dusting of snow last night and none seems to be in the forecast for the next week. In fact, it may get up into the 50's next week. Businesses are suffering as a result. It's also been depressing, with the gray overcast skies, the melting snow, the mud, and the dirt by the roads. It makes me want to stay inside rather than get out there and do something.

Yesterday was dominated by a major event. After coffee, breakfast, and the blog, at just about 9:15, our new sectional arrived. We were worried it might not fit in our TV room but it was fine. It looks great and we hope to enjoy it for years. The guys were super skilled at getting the pieces in through our back for so that they didn't have to walk through the living room but once.  We also have a new wooden TV console and we were fortunate that Spectrum sent a guy over at 1:00 to set up all the cords and devices. Our grandchildren are going to love it when they come this summer. 

Once all was done, Evie was happy to make me a great lunch, a flatbread veggie pizza with hummus and lots of vegetables. I also had the last of the cauliflower soup so I was a happy dude. I ate in the dining room, reading my Kindle since the TV was not yet set up. It was another depressing afternoon of gray, no sun, no blue skies, and nothing to invite us outside. I read and napped as usual and around 3:30, tired of sitting inside, I went for a short walk, up Kinney Run and back, not quite a mile. I have to admit that despite the lousy weather, it felt good to be out in the woods.

Evie had forgotten how to cook after our having been out to dinner three nights in a row so we ordered a pizza from Coppolas in Bemus which had reopened under new management. I picked it up at 5:30 and passed the crowded Bemus Point Inn which is now serving dinners on weekends, not just breakfast and lunch. We enjoyed our pizza with a salad and watched a new series my sister Ellen recommended on Apple TV called Dear Edward, a sentimental tear-jerker. We liked it enough to watch the first three episodes, filling up our evening. It is based on a best-selling novel by Ann Napolitano, and Jason Katims wrote the screenplay. He has written some of our favorite series like My So-Called Life, Friday Night Lights, and Parenthood. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...