Sunday, February 5, 2023

Sunny And Warming

Stepping Out

7:50

7:50

9:27

I woke late, at 7:40, to the sun shining and a 32º morning, quite a contrast from yesterday's 7º. It may even get up to 40º later in the day, as the big melt once again begins, alas. The snowmobiles were on the trails yesterday for the first time this winter but if it warms up, they will have to head home. 

Clearing An Ice Fishing Hole

Yesterday was a typical Saturday in some respects, and an expensive one in others. We had our usual morning, coffee, blog, etc, and by 10:00, the trash was gathered and I was off to the Transfer Station on a cold, cold morning. When I returned, Evie was ready to head to Lakewood, to purchase new furniture for our TV room. We ordered a sectional and a wood TV stand, both of which we will have within the next ten days. We just have to figure out how to get rid of the old sectional. So that was the big expense although we did hit Aldi's, also, and left with a hefty cart of groceries. Evie's sisters keep telling her to spend, that we are being too frugal, and that I am too Scrooge-like. Probably true. A new car is next I fear!

We were home and happy by 12:30 and I warmed up my curry (gruel because I overcooked it) and watched some basketball until I got bored. The rest of the afternoon went as usual, with lots of leisure, some TV (Mr. Robot), reading and a nap for me. We both were showered and ready for bear by 6:15 when our good friends, Linda and Ron picked us up for dinner at the Bemus Point Golf Club. 

Better Together

When we arrived, the parking lot seemed full but when we walked in, there were a number of free tables in their small dining room. We still cannot figure out why it was so empty. It was good to see them since we have not been together since our Cleveland extravaganza a couple of weeks ago. Linda was fighting a cold, and Ron an infected toe. We ordered beers and our dinners, a burger for Evie, and chicken parm for me, neither of which was great but decent. Our waiter was a local named Campbell, whom I know from Lakewood, yoga, and Ryders Cup and whom Linda and Ron knew as a bartender at various places over the years. 

6:06 PM

Surprisingly, we were home by 8:15 and ready to relax in our TV room and watch some shows. No more staying out till late, hitting a couple of bars, just get me home. We watched a second episode of Mr. Robot, not as compelling as the first, and another ER before bed. I was happy to get back to my book and stop reading with a real shocker. I cannot wait to see the repercussions of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...