Sunday, February 12, 2023

Morning Sunshine

A Winter Night With Friends

7:37

8:13

It's 8:10 and it's a beautiful morning to wake up to, blue skies, a few clouds, and lots of sun filling the living room. No ice fishing yet probably because of the 25º weather. I also listened to this week's most popular podcast, New Heights, the podcast by the Kelce brothers, from Cleveland Heights, Ohio. Both are pro football players, Travis For Kansas City, and Jason for the Philadelphia Eagles,  and they will be opponents in today's Super Bowl. 

Morning Fun On Ice

Yesterday was cold and overcast early, then sunny with blue skies in the afternoon. I was up early, had my coffee and breakfast and finished the blog by 9:00, and was ready to do something. Evie slept in so she passed on a hike so I drove off to Long Point State Park and walked the woods for forty-five minutes. It was cold but invigorating and I was glad to get in some exercise outdoors. When I returned, Evie had cleaned out the fridge and some closets so I had lots of trash to take to the Transfer Station. It's always a good feeling to get rid of the trash and tidy up the house a bit.

A Wintry Long Point Trail

Lunch was easy, the leftover pizza. I just heated it up in a frying pan and viola, I had lunch. I watched another episode of Mr. Robot. The series seems to be inconsistent; at times, I am ready to forget it but then I watch an episode and am back to liking it. The rest of the afternoon we spent relaxing because we were going out for dinner. We watched some TV, read, napped, and the usual and got a few things done in the house. It also turned out to be a sunny afternoon, making me wish I had waited to hike. Ice fishermen were out off of Long Point, fishing on what I assume had to be thin ice. 

Afternoon Blue

Ice Fishing/Sitting On A Bench

Chair And Bucket

We were showered and gussied up by 5:50 when we drove over to Linda and Ron's for dinner. It's been awhile since we have gone out for dinner, almost a day.  As usual, Linda was ready, with whiskey sours and baked brie with crackers for a beginning. We sat in their kitchen and chatted, enjoying brie and whiskey sours. Dinner was a variation on coq au vin, in that instead of chicken thighs we had chicken meatballs and it was tasty, better than the usual version. With a salad and rolls, the four of us were happy to be back together again. After all, we had not seen them in a week. We left around 9:30 and drove home on empty roads despite it being a Saturday night.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...