Sunday, February 19, 2023

First Paddle Of 2023

Kayak Morning

7:14

Obviously, the lake's open so I was out for close to 50 minutes, padding down to the ice in front of Wells Bay and back along Woodlawn. It was choppy and windy heading south, but just fine on the way back. I was up at 7:00, had my coffee then was on the lake by 8:00, in 34º weather, not bad.

Kayaking South, Into The Wind

The Sun



Chop And Ice

Chautauqua Sun

Yesterday was a busy day, especially for Evie as usual. We had a nice relaxing morning coffee but then got busy, working on some organizing and cleaning. That took up to 10:00 when I was off to the Transfer Station to get rid of our trash. When I returned, Evie had finished up the living room so I vacuumed it. By 11:30, we were off to Long Point State Park for a forty-five-minute walk, on mostly snow-covered trails. It felt great to be outside. 

Long Point

My Hiking Buddy

When we got home, Evie made me a veggie sandwich on naan to go along with a bowl of tasteless canned soup. I wonder how I survived and loved Campbell's soups during my youth. I watched some basketball and started a new book, Motherless Brooklyn Jonathan Lethem while Evie worked diligently in the kitchen, prepping a few things for Sunday dinner. I napped briefly, of course, read some and by 5:30, we were ready to head to Jamestown for a Mexican dinner. 


Buddha In The Winter Garden

We went to The Art Of Flavors, first, but we had at least a 15-minute wait and since there was no bar, they suggested we wait in our car. So we left there and we to La Cocina, next to Tim Horton's. We found a seat at the bar, a good start. We ordered drinks and made the mistake of not asking about the size so Evie ended up with a 26-ounce mug of Margaritas. Unfortunately, that was the only good part. Our dinners were mediocre at best and Evie basically didn't eat hers except for a few bites. The place was redeemed by a local couple who sat at the bar and we had fun talking with them. We left with a hefty bill, vowing never to go back. We played with the idea of going to the Mayville Ice Festival but went home instead, a good choice according to our neighbors who went there. We were happy to get into comfortable clothes, relax in our newly appointed TV room and watch some shows before going to bed earlier than usual, tired from the day and the 26-ounce Margarita. Ole!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...