Saturday, February 18, 2023

18º And Sunny


7:09

7:21

7:48

It's 7:50 and I have been up for an hour and Evie has just joined me. It's a gorgeous morning on the lake, with an inch or two of white on the lawn, blue skies, and a lot of sunshine. The lake has a thin layer of ice in parts but it's open in other areas where ducks can float. So there will be no kayaking this morning.

Yesterday was a wasted day for me because I was feeling "off."  I got in no exercise, no yoga, and no walking. So it was a long morning after the blog and breakfast, broken up by hanging a few pictures in our TV room and helping clean up the kitchen. Evie, however, was busy prepping a few dishes for the weekend while I read or moped around. By 11:00, we were off to do some major shopping at Wegmans. I dropped Evie off because I needed to find a butane container for Evie. I then joined her and helped with the shopping. Few people were in the checkout lines so it was a good time to be shopping. 

We were home by 12:30 and I had a bowl of clam chowder soup and toasted rolls. I watched Mr. Robot but am about ready to give it up for good. The rest of the afternoon I mostly spent reading or on my computer or phone. I finished my book and started another set in Hong Kong by Lawrence Osbourne called On Java Road. I really liked his Beautiful Animals. So it was a long afternoon until 5:30 when we sat down and enjoyed a libation, read, and listened to the news. 

We had planned on going out for dinner but neither of us had the mojo so Evie made us egg and bacon sandwiches on slider brioche rolls which I really liked. We watched the next episode of Dear Edward, then Colbert and Jeopardy, finishing with another ER. And that was it for Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...