Monday, February 20, 2023

Another Good Sunday

Sunday Dinner

7:31

It's just 8:00 as I start this on a partly cloudy, 35º morning although I will be out kayaking in a few minutes. And it's now 9:22 and I have been out on the lake for 50 minutes and once again had to turn around at Wells Bay because of the ice.

Kayak Morning

Ice Chunks At Wells Bay

Mallard In The Morning

Yesterday was a full day, the way we like it. It began with a paddle, the first of the year which I loved. After the paddle, we finished the blog and I had my breakfast. We then got a few things done for our Sunday dinner with Ron and Linda. By 11:00, we were on our way to walk the Chautauqua Institution on a brisk morning. It was a good walk, just about two miles, just what we wanted. We were home by 12:30 and Evie made me a couple of avocado/egg bagels while I watched some college basketball.

Thunder Bridge

Outdoor Chapel

Victorian Home

By 2:00, everything was ready for our dinner except for my searing and roasting of a couple of racks of lamb. So we were able to relax much of the afternoon, reading and watching basketball, or TV and just filling the afternoon until 6:00 when Linda and Ron arrived. We sat in the living room with our wine or beer until Evie served our first course, a carrot/cashew soup for an appetizer. Once that was done, I got busy searing the lamb, then roasting it in the oven for about 20 minutes until it was done, about 130º. 

Dinner

While I was doing that, Evie heated up the ratatouille, tossed the salad, and made some couscous. Once the lamb was done, it sat for ten minutes and then I sliced it into chops. It was a great Middle Eastern dinner, lamb, couscous, and ratatouille. Only the dessert, a coconut cream pie didn't fit in but was delicious, a perfect ending to our meal. Linda and Ron left at about 9:45 and we spent 15 minutes cleaning up the kitchen before going up to bed, tired from our busy day. 

Long Point, Late Sunday Afternoon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...