Friday, February 3, 2023

Now This Is Winter

7:34

8:44

It's 7º, windy, and a white-out as I can't make out Long Point, an actual winter day.  It looks like arctic weather for the next couple of days, with temperatures in the single digits much of the day. What a contrast between this morning and yesterday filled with sunshine and blue skies. 

A Sunny Thursday For Ice Fishing

Yesterday, Thursday, was back to normal. I was up early because I had to be in Bemus by 8:00 for breakfast. After coffee, an English muffin with bacon egg, and cheese, I drove home, finished the blog, and drove off to Yin Yoga class in Lakewood. It was not my favorite class, as we held positions sometimes for up to five minutes and most were the kind I disliked, forward bends.  They bother my back. 

Late Afternoon Fishing

When I got back, the Bosch dishwasher service man was on the phone, calling to see if a part was available. Unfortunately, our new dishwasher needed a new part and we will not get it until February 20th, so I will have to wash dishes by hand until then. Evie left for Lakewood at 12:30, to shop briefly at TJ's before her hair appointment at 2:00 with Jaret. She was home by 3:30, just as I was getting up from a good nap. I couldn't wait to talk with her because she always has good stories from Jaret.

I was bored with my book, skipped to the ending, and then joined Evie in the TV room to watch the first episode of Season Two of ER, our go-to series when we are bored. Once it was done, we both worked in the kitchen and put together a sweet potato, garbanzo bean, and lentil curry in the pressure cooker. Once everything was in the pot, it needed only one minute to cook, and a few minutes to cool off before we let out all the steam.  Once it was done, we were able to relax in the living room until 6:30 when Evie made a salad and added coconut milk and spinach to the curry to finish it off. We had it over rice and it was good, not great, lacking something. We couldn't find a film or series we wanted to watch so we viewed an ER episode (the emergency surgery is getting boring), then Colbert and Jeopardy before bed. I started a new book, Everybody Knows, set in the bizarre world of Hollywood. I am just beginning to understand what is going on so I will stick with it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...