Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Spring For A Day

7:31

7:41

8:31

It's already 48º and breezy and may get up to 60º in the afternoon. It's a partly cloudy morning, with the occasional blinding sun, then clouds take over. No ice-fishing guys have been out this morning, but three or four come out each afternoon. 

I was up early yesterday for some reason but it felt good. I just wish I could kayak. I had yoga at 9:30 so I was on my way by 9:10 after clearing the ice off of the car. I enjoyed class since it had been five days since my last class. Two of us seem to be regulars, others more occasional. After class, I drove to Wegman's to pick up a couple of prescriptions that had been sitting there for a few days. 

Ready To Down

Timber

Hauling Away The Trunk

When I got home, Mahlan had just arrived to finish cutting down our stump of a tree and take away all of the cut-up tree trunks. It took him two trips to get rid of all of the wood and he was able to take down the 25-foot trunk in one swoop. He knows what he is doing. While he was working, I had my lunch, ramen, and a bagel with cream cheese. Evie left for a doctor's appointment in Jamestown and then did some shopping for the week at Wegmans. Once the guys were down clearing our willow, I did some raking of the parking area but they cleaned it up pretty well. 

Late Afternoon Ice Fishing

Evie returned around 3:30 and we both relaxed, reading or watching some TV. She had a Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 and by 6:00, we were enjoying a good cheese and libations until dinner time. We heated up the leftover pot roast with mashed potatoes in the microwave and had a good dinner. We watched our usual shows, Jeopardy and Colbert, but have to wait for another episode of Dear Edward on AppleTV.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...