Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Another Day In 30s

8:26

On an overcast morning, temperatures are 30º, snow melting, and lawns green once again, as Chautauqua cannot make up its mind if it's winter. A couple of crazies are out fishing on a rapidly melting lake. 

Yesterday was a busy day for me. After coffee and breakfast, I was off to return our rug cleaner in Lakewood by 9:00 because I had yoga at 9:30. I dropped it off at 9:20 and made it to class just in time. I was not late to class, wishing, however, I had skipped it.  Once it was over, I felt better and glad I stuck with it. I stopped at Ryder's Cup and my two buddies, Paul and Dave were there so we ended up talking till Paul left for Wegmans while I went straight home.

Evie was ready to head to the YMCA to workout and left by 11:45 because I had a teeth cleaning in Jamestown at 2:00. She made a pot of Indian spiced cauliflower soup while I was at yoga so I had that along with a bagel smeared with peanut butter. I watched part of a 'must see' documentary for all Americans, not just students, called "Who We Are', "A Chronicle Of Racism In America". Caucasians do not come off well obviously and I doubt it will be shown in Florida schools although it should.

I left for the dentist's office at 1:40 and waited until 2:15 for my 2:00 appointment. It was over by 2:50 and I was happy to be finally on my way home to relax or so I thought. Evie was waiting for me with scissors and an electric razor to give me a trim before we went out for dinner. I showered and got cleaned up while she had a Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00.

Dinner With Pat And David

We picked up our neighbors, Dave and Pat, at 6:00 and drove to Steeners Irish Pub in Greenhurst. We were lucky to find a parking spot in front although the Pub was not that busy. Both of us ordered the steak and fries special for thirty bucks, a 12 oz Delmonico or Filet. Our steaks and fries were great and along with a side salad and beers, the four of us were happy. David and Pat leave for South Carolina for a week on Friday so it was fun to see them before they left. 

We were home by 8:30 and watched another episode of My Robot although both of us are about to hang it up as it was becoming too trippy and crazy for us. Just give us a good story. We watched about five minutes of Biden's speech and had enough. Evie went up to bed and I watched some basketball before getting back to my book, another Dismas Hardy novel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...