Thursday, February 2, 2023

Not The Best Of Days

7:16

7:38

7:45

9:05

It's another Thursday and once again, I am up early at 6:15.  It's 13º and already I can see a bit of light off to the east, a result of a clear sky. It's 9:10, a beautiful sunny morning on the lake and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus. The fishermen are out, in fact, there were out at 6:30 when I got up. I love the brilliant whiteness of the lake when the sun shines on it. What a great morning. 

Yesterday I was up earlier than usual and not feeling right.  After my coffee, I checked my EKG on my iWatch and realized why.  I was in afib.  Usually, it lasts a few minutes but it did not seem to go away and my heart rate was a constant 120 which was unusual. I waited until 7:30, then woke Evie and we decided we should go to the ER in Jamestown. I was quickly admitted, had my blood tested and eventually I was given Toprol intravenously to slow down my heart rate. It seemed to work, the blood tests were fine, and I was home by 12:30, happy to be there. 

So that was not the best of starts to the day. Lunch, however, was great, the leftover chicken, gravy, and mashed potatoes and I finished up my series, Fauda. It ended just the way I thought it would. Because I was up early, I was really tired but could only take a short nap. So I read my silly thriller, The Gray Man, an ex-CIA operative, a combination of Jack Reacher/Jack Ryan. He manages, somehow, to evade or kill five or six Special Forces Teams from various countries in order to save his boss and family,

We did have a great dinner, Evie's rigatoni with eggplant and pasta sauce, just what I needed besides a shower to perk me up. We watched a new film You People. It had its moments but overall, it was a B- until the ridiculous end. It tried to deal with a serious topic a mixed marriage and racism but ended up with too many cliches and much silliness, ultimately an average comedy, We ended the night with ER episode 25, the last episode of Season One. It was good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...