Sunday, February 26, 2023

Morning Sky

6:22

7:36


Canadian Geese

On Thin Ice

Well, I was up at 5:30 for some reason and it's now 7:00. I am waiting for another half hour or so to see if I can kayak because the lake is frozen in some parts, while other areas are open. It's warmer than yesterday, 26º but it still feels cold out there.  As I look out, the northerly wind seems to be pushing the ice our way so I am not sure I will be able to kayak.  It's 8:45 and I was only out for 25 minutes, paddling down to the reeds and back. Fortunately, I paddled in just in time as the ice floe was nearing where I keep my kayak. Just checked the blog and the lake didn't open last year until March 22. 

Kayak Morning

Threesome

Foursome

Mallards

Merganser

Yesterday was cold and not very desirable in the morning so I hiked in our woods, rather than both of us going off somewhere for a hike. The day began as usual, with coffee, then a short paddle because of the ice and the bitter southerly wind. Still, it felt good to be out on the lake, if only for 25 minutes. By 10:00. I was on my way to the Transfer Station to get rid of our trash. And when I returned, I went for a 35-minute walk in our woods.  Afterward,  I helped Evie move some furniture upstairs, so that her new rebounder (mini trampoline) was in a better position, with a nice view of the lake. 

Victoria Creek

Victoria/Woodlawn

Winter Woods

Lunch was easy, just warm up the lamb curry for the second day in a row and watch my show, Lethal White, and some college basketball. We then relaxed either in the TV room or living room, watching TV or reading, or in my case, taking a nap. By 3:30, however, the nasty morning turned once again into a beautiful, calm lake afternoon. Unfortunately, neither of us had much mojo so we had to enjoy the afternoon from our living room windows, rather than getting out and hiking or kayaking. At least a glass of wine helped to assuage our guilt.

Late Afternoon Blue Skies And Sunshine

Around 6:00, Evie got busy in the kitchen, searing scallops, making a lemon/vermouth sauce and boiling up some linguini for our dinner. Once the noodles were done, Evie added the sauce and scallops and let them marinate while making a salad and toasting some naan. It was a fairly quick and easy dinner at least it seemed that way to me, sitting in the living room, enjoying my wine. We watched some Colbert and Jeopardy and another episode of the series Dear Edward on Apple+. This episode was too much for both of us, as it tugged at your heartstrings, to the point of silliness and utter sentimentality. Still, we will keep watching, hoping for less drama. 

Ice And Open Water at 8:55

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...