Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Windy, Cloudy And 57º

A Great Blue Heron Morning

6:47

It's 7:30, fewer bass boats are out on the lake this morning, sensing the gray day I suppose. The rest of the day should be similar, with no sun, and temperatures in the low 70s. We have only one thing on our agenda, get ready for our granddaughter Marisa's visit late tomorrow. It's 9:15 and I paddled for an hour, down to the Power Boat Club and back, rough going, easy returning. 

Kayak Morning

Sandy Bottom Bald Eagle

A Prancing Great Blue Heron

Tuesday was a lost day for Evie, a decent one for me. I got in an early paddle before driving off to yoga at 9:30. Our teacher Courtney was back after about with Covid. After class, I got a text from Evie asking me to pick up a rotisserie chicken for dinner. That was unusual but I stopped at Wegmans, bought an increasingly expensive but shrinking chicken,.

I was home by noon and Evie had made use of old cabbage and put together a noodle and cabbage dish for dinner.  Because I bought some swiss cheese as well as chicken, Evie made me toasted ham and cheese sandwiches. Yum. I watched a few minutes of the Celtic's destruction of the Heat, and the neverending series, The Sopranos.  The rest of the day despite the sun and temperatures in the 70s, we did little if anything out in the yard, still tired from Monday's gardening.  After my nap, another good one since I was up early, I felt strangely energetic instead of loggy and decided to go for a bike ride. I drove to Bemus, plugged in my AirPods, and rode through Bemus, then Long Point State park's trails, out to the point and back along Lakeside Drive. It felt great to be out, the woods now covered in green, the trails empty. 

Spring Green

Long Point

Because Evie's Zoom call was at 7:00 we had dinner after the call--the cabbage and noodle casserole along with the rotisserie chicken and a salad. After dinner and the Zoom, we watched episodes of a series on Hulu called Candy, an embellished but factual story of a wife who murders her lover's wife with an ax, striking her 41 times. Nice lady and neighbor. We ended the night with Colbert and Jeopardy, happy to see Ryan Long, an uber driver, win again. 

Once again, the impossible thirty years ago, happened at Robb Elementary School in Texas, the 27th school shooting this year, the 198th mass shooting this year. We cannot imagine what the parents of the 19 children who died are going through today and for the rest of their lives. No thoughts, no prayers, we need action Congress, not politics. The fact that an individual can purchase two assault rifles on his  18th birthday is madness and in no way can be defended by the 2nd amendment. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Fully agree with you on the assault weapons, as does most of America. Why can’t we get assault weapons banned?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We appreciate your comments and, yes, assault weapons should be banned!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...