Thursday, May 5, 2022

Fogged In

6:10

9:12

It's 7:04 and I have been up since 6:00 and the fog is still so heavy that I cannot see beyond my dock. So it looks like there will be no kayaking this morning and I am surprised how chilly it is at 41º.

Wednesday was not much of a day for getting anything done. I was able to kayak between showers and then, after the blog and breakfast, drive to Tractor Supply and pick up a new pole for my purple martin house and wheels for my old wheelbarrow.  Now I have more wheelbarrows than I need but Evie hopes to turn one into an herb garden which sounds like a good idea.  I also stopped for coffee but it was quiet so I just drove straight home,

Evie was ready to do some shopping when I returned and walk at the YMCA so I bid her adieu and had my lunch, a chicken salad sandwich, and watched my show and some of the NBA playoffs, which I tape each evening so I can watch parts the next day if I want.  I finished my book by John Sandford, The Investigator, and liked it enough to hope there is a sequel. Of course, I took a brief nap and started my new novel called The Matchmaker, set in Berlin in 1989 as the Berlin Wall falls. 

Evie was home by 3:30 and had returned more to TJ than she bought which I like. We then did little the rest of the afternoon until 6:00 when we were about to pick up our neighbors and go out for dinner when a guy stopped us to say there had been a break in the gas line up the hill and he had to turn off our gas line at the house,.Once he explained this, we picked up Barb and Jim and drove over to the Viking Club and were able to get the last table by the window as other Vikings obviously had the same idea to enjoy a night of Wings And Things. Linda and Ron and a friend had the same idea and stopped by to say aloha. We put our orders in for wings right away but still waited a good half hour for our dinners because it was so busy which was good to see. We caught up on all the gossip on the other end of the neighborhood and were home by 8:30, surfeited with wings and beer. We watched out shows, Colbert and Jeopardy, and some news before bed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...