Friday, May 27, 2022

Listening To The Rhythm Of The Falling Rain

6:30

It's 7:09 and I am in no hurry to kayak because it's been raining since I got up at 6:30. In fact, we already have close to an inch of rain overnight and it will rain most of the morning, bad for kayaking, but good for Evie's newly planted dahlias. It's 7:40, raining harder than ever so I doubt if I will get out on the lake so I will have to be satisfied with sitting out on the front porch, listening to the rain while Evie and Marisa sleep. Well, it's now 9:48, Evie's up, Marisa's sleeping and I waited for the rain to turn to drizzle and padded for forty minutes. 

Kayak Morning

Yesterday was a get ready for the arrival of our granddaughter Marisa from Dallas. Her parents should be landing in Istanbul on Turkish Airlines in the next hour before flying after a four-hour layover to Rwanda for a couple of weeks in Africa.  They will spend a couple of days on mountain gorillas treks in Rwanda then fly to Kenya and spend a week on a photo safari. Marisa will spend at least a week with us before traveling to see friends and her brothers in LA, quite the family of travelers. 

Friday, then was the usual morning, kayaking and blogging before Evie drove to Wegmans to do some 'big shopping' while I practiced Yoga With Adrian. When she returned,  I had to leave by 11:30 for an appointment with my cardiologist in Ashtabula, an hour and a half ride which ruined most of my day. It was a cursory appointment, so it was basically a waste of time. 

I was home by 2:30 and Evie had been busy, getting the house and Marisa's room ready, then mowing the lawn, working up quite a sweat. We didn't do much after that except play the waiting game. We had an easy dinner of leftover cabbage, noodles, and ham and watched our shows, really loving The First Lady on Showtime. We also continually checked flights because Marisa was not arriving in Buffalo until 10:30. A driver picked her up on time and she arrived just about midnight, happy to be at the lake. It should be a fun week for all of us.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...