Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Spring Rains

6:13

7:14

It's been raining for the past hour and a half although there may be a gap of an hour so I might try to get it and get in a paddle. It's 54º and calm on the lake, the flag hanging motionless. So far, no one's been out on the lake so I may be the first. It's 8:30 and I timed it right so it stopped raining just as I started out for a paddle. Despite what seemed to be a light wind, it was wavy and choppy both going and coming home. 

Kayak Morning

Yesterday was another decent day although we did get some rain in the afternoon. I got in a good paddle, then headed off to yoga at 9:10, another good class, what else. After class, I stopped for a coffee before driving to Wegman's to pick up a few things for the week, including a chicken salad sandwich.  I made the mistake of getting in the wrong checkout line as the elderly woman could not find her charge card, and could not remember her password. I felt bad for her. 

I was home by 12:30 and Evie and I shared the sandwich and I watched my show. Neither of us had much mojo so the early afternoon was a waste, reading, napping, or watching TV.  By 3:00, however, Evie was out working in the garage, planting her dahlia tubers, and I raked some of the privets in our front yard and took a couple of barrels up to the woodpile. It felt good to do something, but not too much. 

Evie had her Zoom call at 5:00 and I was off to pick up a pizza at the Asheville Country Store at 6:00. Neither of us felt like messing in the kitchen so the pizza was perfect.  We must have been hungry because we practically finished off a large with a great salad.  We finished watching The Godfather II then Jeopardy and Colbert. When Evie went up to bed, I watched maybe 15 minutes of the NBA game before joining her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...