Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Some Clouds, Some Sun

6:45

7:14

It's 6:45 as I start this on another quiet lake morning, no boats yet, a calm lake, the sun attempting to break through the clouds.  It's 43º, colder than yesterday but should get up somewhere in the 60s later in the day when the rain comes. It's now 8:45 as I finish this after a 50-minute paddle over to Long Point, back to Sandy Bottom and home. 

Kayak Morning

Paddling To Long Point

Eastern Sky

Monday was a productive day for both of us.  I got in a long paddle north to Whitney Bay and back and observed a flock of barn swallows swooping near the shoreline, looking for somewhere to build their nests. If we are not careful, they will be building them under our dock. Once breakfast and the blog were done, we decided to get some shopping done and drove to Jamestown, to CVS to pick up a prescription before stopping at Home Depot to look at dahlia tubers. They had lots of choices, more than I ever remember, and Evie was one happy gardener. We picked up some potting soil as well and drove home, not stopping at Mike's Nursery because we had all the dahlias Evie needed.

Wood Duck

Bald Eagle

Mallards Huddling

For lunch, I had some pho and toasted swiss cheese sandwiches, with jam of course. I am nearing the end of the Soprano odyssey which had kept me interested for quite a whole, six seasons worth. While I had lunch and read and napped, Evie worked in the garage, potting more dahlias, and getting ready for planting in June. When I felt energetic, I went out and put together my purple martin house although one of the three sections of poles seems to be missing. Where? I have no idea. Even so, I pulled on my waders and pounded a pole into the lake bottom, and raised the house although it's not as high as usual. It still should attract birds although I have not seen a martin yet this spring nor are they in any of our neighbors' houses.

We then relaxed till 6:30 with spicy cashews, cheese, and a libation to celebrate the raising of the purple martin house. We watched Jeopardy then decided to watch The Godfather Part II. We were surprised to find we did not like it as much as Part I, at least so far although it's often thought of as the better of the three films. I watched a little basketball when we got bored then went up to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...