Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Not Quite A Frost

5:56

6:43

8:36

It's 39º although we had frost advisories for the past twelve hours. When I woke, a wall of fog was covering the lake but at the moment, at 6:40, just a few feet of rising fog remain. It's now 9:00 and I kayaked for 55 minutes. As I was paddling home, I saw something strange in the water.  It looked like a couple of mouse ears but ended up being a deer. I chased it but could not  get close enough for a good picture as it ran off along Victoria Creek.

Kayak Morning

Long Point

Paddling North

Bemus Bay Along Long Point

A Deer Crossing

Happy Landing

Yesterday, a Monday, a Tuesday,  I think was back to routine, with yoga and shopping on 5% Tuesdays at Wegman's. I paddled for forty-five minutes as the wind picked up as I returned home.  I had breakfast and finished the blog then drove to Lakewood for yoga at 9:30, two of us guys and six gals, a good class with Danielle. I then stopped for coffee, talked briefly with Paul who has missed yoga because of allergies then drove to Wegmans. Evie usually makes a list on the Wegman's app which I also get but for some reason, my app had been shopping at a store in Virginia, go figure.  So I shopped, guessing what was on the list, and got everything but the ketchup and pickles, which we needed for last night's burgers. 

When I returned home, we did some digging and planting under our pine trees, hoping that the plants would take despite not having much sun.  I doubt it but went along with Evie's plans.  Lunch was the leftover tas kebab and mashed potatoes and the neverending series, The Sopranos. 

I then read my novel, The Cartographers, but am starting to get bored with it and quickly fell asleep, taking another delicious nap. Evie spent most of the afternoon working and reworking the Shutterfly book. By 4:00, she showed me the draft although she had one more page to go.  So I left her to finish and went for a walk around the Victoria/Woodlawn woods, for the first time since I hiked in snow. Most of the brown has turned to green, the paths hidden by ground cover and weeds. It's an easy half-hour jaunt and I always enjoy it.

Woodlawn

Victoria Spring Flowers

Spring Greening

Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 and by 5:45, we were cutting up Russet potatoes for oven-baked french fries. Once they were crispy, Evie grilled a couple of burgers on the stove.  We then enjoyed the fries and burgers a la home and watched a couple more episodes of The Lincoln Lawyer, decent but not great. We ended the night with our nightly shows, Jeopardy and Colbert with a few minutes of the NBA thrown in at the end.

Morning Sun And Shadows


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...