Friday, May 6, 2022

A Good Day

6:24

8:25

It's 6:50, overcast, 50º. with light wind and rained quite a bit overnight.  We may get more today during the day but right now, it looks like I could kayak.  I better get out there soon. It' 8:25 and I just returned from an hour on the lake but saw little if any waterfowl. The lake was a bit choppy when I started but calmed down as I paddled. 

Kayak Morning

Paddling North

Yesterday was a day of accomplishment and felt almost like a summer afternoon. We had decent weather most of the day, warm enough to work up a sweat if you were busy doing yard work. I started the day with breakfast in Bemus, then, after finishing the blog, I drove to Lakewood to a Yin Yoga class, easy and relaxing. In the middle of class, Siri, on my Apple watch, announced that I closed my Exerecise Ring to everyone's amusement. I did not dawdle but came straight home because I wanted to finish raising the purple martin house.  While I was gone, Evie was busy with her dahlias, finishing up their planting in pots, storing them on the porch during the night in case of a freeze. I put on my waders and added another length of pole to my martin house and now it looks right. Evie then had me do some trimming of our privets, some standing in the lake, getting the privets that hang over the bank as well as along our yard. Although it was not very difficult, I still worked up a sweat.

It was then time for lunch so Evie warmed up a couple of pieces of pizza in a frying pan and that was lunch. I watched my show, read some, then was serenaded by Evie mowing the lawn for the first time this year as I napped. She mowed in spurts, for 15 minutes, then took a break, then continued. She loved it of course. Once the lawn was cut, we did some raking of dead grass, then did some reseeding in areas that needed it and hoped it would rain during the night.

For dinner, we made a Peruvian stir fry called Lomo Saltado. I sliced up a pound of skirt steak, seared it for a couple of  minutes, then set it aside. Evie had everything ready so I sauteed mushrooms, a sliced red onion, tomatoes,  and jalapenos.  Once the onion and tomatoes were softened,  I returned the skirt steakt along with soy, balsamic vinegar, and lime juice. When it was done, we plated it and topped it with oven-made french fries. We had a tasty dinner, one we would make again. I thought we would have leftovers but we didn't. We watched our favorite almost lose on Jeopardy and a couple of episodes of Slo Horses on AppleTV+ before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...