Sunday, May 8, 2022

Chilly But Sunny Morning

First Visit From Baltimore Oriole 

It's 7:00 as I start this and the sun's so bright,  I can hardly look out at the lake, flat like a mirror, not a ripple on a 38º morning. It's now 9:26 and I had an amazing paddle, with blue skies, no wind, and lake-like glass. I was out for an hour and a half, over to the Long Point Boathouse, back to Long Point, across to Tom's Point, and home along Woodlawn.  I didn't want to come home.  Not much waterfowl, only a single juvenile bald eagle, along Long Point, towards the boathouse,. 

6:51

9:23

Yesterday was a busy morning, a relaxing afternoon. I got in a good paddle of forty-five minutes before returning for breakfast and the blog, Around 9:00, I gathered up all boating stuff and drove up to where my boat is stored.  I put in the batteries, made sure they were charged, stored the life preserved under the seats, added ten gallons of gas, and made sure it started. It's now ready to take to the marina, checked over, and launched this week. When I returned, Evie had the trash ready so off I went to the Transfer Station, always busy. I then did a few things around the yard and by the time I was done, I was tired and it was time for lunch, a couple of cheese sandwiches and ramen.  

Kayak Morning

Bemus Point Bridge

Juvenile Bald Eagle

Same As Above

Evie, meanwhile, was busy in the kitchen making peanut butter cookies for a neighbor's birthday and worked some in the yard, weeding, clearing the leaves, and getting her garden ready for planting the dahlias in late May. Around 2:30, we were surprised when a car drove up and a woman brought a beautiful flower arrangement, a Mother's Day bouquet from our daughter Beth. 

I had my usual afternoon, of reading, napping and watching basketball until I got bored. Both of us spent much of the afternoon inside despite the sun because of the heavy winds, strong enough to make it uncomfortable outside. Around 4:00, our neighbor's grandsons came over, an annual ritual, to go through the treasure chest. They are always so excited as they go through it, taking everything out and oohing and awwing. They are allowed three things but always end up with more. They also had chocolate and cookies and Evie made them popsicles for later today. They are cute and so enthusiastic and fun. Evie loved it of course.

Arlo, Evie, And Louie

We received a Facetime call from our newly married grandson Nick and his wife Aundraya and were filled in on their honeymoon and the first week of life together. They are great, so excited and happy about their life together. Around 6:00, we had a brief happy hour with cheese, crackers, and cashews before dinner, a salmon salad with avocadoes, a favorite recently. We watched Real-Time With Bill Maher, and a couple other shows before going up to bed.

Spring Or Fall Afternoon? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...