Sunday, May 29, 2022

A Chilly, Partly Cloudy Mornning.

A Female Merganser

Cheaper By The Dozen

6:40

It's 9:00 as I start this although I have been up since 6:00.  It was a chilly 48º then but now, it's already up to 59º, and should get up to 70º in the afternoon.  I paddled for seventy minutes, to Long Point, across to the Power Boat Club, and home.  It was worth it to photograph a family of mergansers, the mom and a dozen babies, on the tip of Long Point.

Kayak Morning

A Mottled Lake And Sky





Yesterday was a strange day since we really did not take advantage of the blue skies and sun, mostly because it was still chilly, or too chilly for Marisa, after a few weeks in Dallas heat.  And for some reason, few neighbors were up for the holiday.  I paddled, of course, and was up for three hours before Evie, four hours before Marisa. Around 10:00, I gathered the trash and went off to my weekly trip to the Transfer Station. After I returned, Evie had finished up her shopping list with the help of Marisa, and off we went to a packed Wegmans as everyone was getting ready for Memorial Day. Between the three of us, we got out fairly quickly although our cashier was obviously a rookie, as he tried to weigh the fresh sweet corn, rather than charge it by the dozen until I corrected him.

We were home by 12:30 and Evie quickly made up a bowl of guacamole with fresh sweet corn and heated up the black bean soup, The corn added a sweetness to the guacamole and we loved it. I couldn't wait to get back to my book, The Lionness, set in Africa, as a safari of celebrities gets kidnapped by a group of Russian mercenaries in 1964. Coincidentally, my daughter Beth is reading it as well on a safari in Rwanda at the moment.  After lunch, Marisa walked the neighborhood for an hour while I napped and Evie started to put together our dinner, a casserole layered with eggplant, cheese, tomatoes, bread crumbs, eggs, and squash, having it ready to bake at dinner time. Despite the fine weather, all three of us hunkered down in the living room, and even turned on the fireplace because we were chilly.  Late afternoon we watched another episode of our series on Hulu, Under The Banner Of Heaven. 

Afternoon Sun, Shadows, And Clouds

We were enjoying our casserole by 6:30, with a salad and rolls, I really liked it but Evie was not too taken with it and would not make it again. I like anything with eggplant so I was happy. We adjourned to the living room to our devices, as the sky darkened. We then watched an episode and a half of our series before going up to bed early, at 10:00, tired from our shopping I guess. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...