Monday, May 9, 2022

Another Beautiful Morning.

Wood Ducks

6:14

6:19

8:41

Well, it's almost 6:45, the living room is filled with sunshine, the lake's calm, and Evie's up, wearing a baseball cap because of the sun. It's still chilly, 41º, but will warm up to 70º later in the day. A great hour paddle,  three eagles, a pair of wood ducks, and an osprey. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Juvenile Eagle # 1

# 2

# 3

Osprey

Osprey Taking Off

Yesterday was like today, sunny and cool to begin, as it warmed up, making it perfect to be outside getting things done. I had perhaps my longest paddle of the year, over an hour and a half because it was so beautiful out. We had a leisurely coffee and then decided to go for a walk at the Chautauqua Institution. We were surprised by the fact that spring was still winter-like except for the tulips. And it was surprisingly quiet for such a nice morning as we ran into only one other couple, friends Joe and Jan. We talked with them for ten minutes before finishing our walk. 

Bestor Plaza

Thunder Bridge

Tulips

We didn't get home until noon and were both tuckered out from a walk for some reason. Evie decided to make avocado eggs for breakfast and we watched CBS Sunday morning, victims of routine despite the nice weather.  Since I was up so early, I couldn't wait to get back to my book and nap while Evie went outside to weed her garden, a rewarding but neverending task. After my brief nap, I was energized a bit and worked on fixing my purple martin house and its crossbars, broken because of the wind and fall a couple of days ago. I then put on my waders and went back out in the lake, pounded the pipe into the muck and shale, then raised the martin house, hoping it was sturdy enough this time to handle the wind. 

I was done with my tasks by 4:00 and wasted the rest of a beautiful afternoon watching the Mavericks/Suns game while Evie weeded, a bad boy for letting her work on Mother's Day. We were both looking forward to dinner, pork, sauekraut, and mashed potatoes. Earlier in the afternoon, Evie had put together the pork, and sauerkraut tomatoes in the oven and let bake slowly for a couple of hours. We watched a Hometown, the last episodes of both Pachinko and Slow Horses, both on AppleTV+, a good way to end the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...