Saturday, May 21, 2022

72º At Dawn

6:19

It's already a close morning, with temperatures getting in the 80s later in the day. The sun is a full blast, filling the lake and our living room with its light. It should be clear for a couple of hours, then cloud up and rain early evening, the vagary of the weather gods these days, and Denver's six inches of snow is a good example. It's 9:00 and I have been out kayaking for an hour and a half, over to Warner Bay, across to Sandy Bottom, and back.  Lots of action on the lake, a couple of fishing kayaks as well as numerous fishing boats. I also ran into Tina and Jim, just as I was about to take a photo of a bald eagle but my camera would not open my new camera! When I got home, I played with the San Disc and battery and got it to work.

Kayak Morning

Warner Bay

Heading Towards Long Point

I can't remember much of what I did yesterday so it must not have been much. I did kayak, write the blog, and had breakfast, which I remember.  O, yea, now I remember.  We both worked upstairs getting the rooms ready for summer. I moved all my winter flannel shirts out of the closet, into the attic and put all of my short-sleeved aloha shirts into the closet. Evie did much of the same as we organized the upstairs, putting away all winter things and getting out the 'stuff of summer,' like shorts, Tokyos, and swimsuits.

We were done by 11:00 and Evie was on her way to Jamestown for a blood test and to do some grocery shopping at Farm Fresh. She brought back a healthy cache of Pepsis and donuts. I made myself tuna sandwiches, watched my show, and Evie, filled with energy after shopping, decided to mow the lawn in a light drizzle. She's not the lawnmower lady for no reason and polished it off in forty-five minutes just as it was starting to rain harder. Meanwhile, I was occasionally napping or reading my book.

Around 4:00, I went out to cut our neighbor's lawn but after a swath or two, I decided it was still too wet and will do it today when it's in the 80s. We then relaxed on the front porch around 6:00, with a bowl of popcorn and libations, and enjoyed the calm and quiet of the late afternoon before having an easy dinner of the leftover pizza, still really good. We watched our shows and finally finished The Lincoln Lawyer which became too complicated and silly by the end, as they tried to include too many plots.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...