Thursday, May 19, 2022

Overcast and Drizzle

6:33

7:10

It's 6:30 on a drab, 55º morning, no color, all is gray, lake and sky. And not a wisp of wind nor boat on the lake. It started to rain or drizzle last night and we ended up with only a half-inch of rain.  I thought we received more. I skipped kayaking because of the drizzle but made it to breakfast in Bemus before heading off to yoga. 

Hungry Rabbit

Garden In The Morning

Yesterday was a busy day for both of us. I got in an early paddle and after breakfast and the blog, Evie suggested that I get in a bike ride since I have wanted to for the past couple of days. So I hitched my bike onto my Outback, drove over to Bemus, parked just beyond the bridge, and biked through Bemus, down Lakeside Drive, around the park, out to Long Point, and back. It's an hour ride and I had to push it because I haven't ridden in quite a while. Once again, I was the only one on the trails, no bikers or hikers. 

Mayn Trails At Long Point

Long Point

When I got home, I decided to go to the Tri James and picked up a couple of bushels of pea gravel to fill up some spots on our driveway and road. That took about 20 minutes, a drive to the yard just beyond the bridge. I then came back and spread some it on potholes and low areas, thinking it was going to rain but it just spit for a few minutes.  Once I was done, Evie left for another dentist appointment in Jamestown and I had my lunch, the last of the soup and tas kebab. I watched some of the previous day's NBA game and The Sopranos. I started a new book, The Vig, Book Two in the Dismas Hardy series. I also napped and then decided to do some yard work and whacked some of the grasses on the side of our house that needed cutting and filled a pail with the dead grasses.

Evie was home surprisingly early and the dental appointment went so well that she rewarded herself with a stop at TJ Maxx. We both relaxed until 5:30 when we drove off to Jamestown to enjoy a night out at our favorite pizza joint, Pace's Pizza on 3rd Street. We had an amazing appetizer, their meatballs with sauce and cheese, a salad for Evie, and a large pepperoni pizza, large enough that we took half home for tonight's dinner. It's an old fashion place, been there for decades, and we love the crust and sauce and they don't spare the pepperoni like some places. We were home by 8:00, watched some of The Lincoln Lawyer, Jeopardy, and NBA game before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...