Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Bright Sun Shining On A Cool Morning

A Happy Hummingbird

6:22

8:29

It's 6:50 as I start this and the sun is filling the living room with its light, as a couple of bass boats cruise the lake. It's 48º and will get up into the 60s with little chance of rain later in the day. It's 8:45 and I was able to get in a 50-minute paddle before heading off to yoga.

Kayak Morning


Bald Eagle

Monday was a workday for both of us as Evie had plans for us.  So after my long paddle, breakfast, and blog, instead of going for a bike ride, and having fun,  like a  good husband, I stayed and worked with Evie in the yard and garden, getting things weeded and the soil turned while Evie began planting her dahlias in pots. By about 10:00, she realized she needed more potting soil so off I went and picked it up at Walmart and bought four ivy geranium plants at Mike's. 

House Wren

House Wren

I was home by noon ann Evie was making great progress. We took a timeout for lunch, ramen, and what else, a ham sandwich. I watched my show, read some napped a bit, then went back outside and we worked on the edging and weeding of the beds surrounding our house. We both worked at it until 4:30 when we had enough. The bending over while weeding takes a toll on both our backs and I can feel it this morning. 

We enjoyed a happy hour, happy with our progress from the day, and enjoyed the late afternoon view of the lake although it was still too chilly to sit outside. While we were enjoying our libation, Evie had the leftover potatoes and ham in the oven, hoping that this time, the potatoes would be tender. They were and we watched our usual, ending the night with another episode of First Ladies. I am reading a new mystery writer, Sara Gram, with her female detective Claire Dewitt, and the novel is set in New Orleans. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...