Thursday, April 28, 2022

We Got Sun

6:43

7:29

8:35

I woke at 6:20 to a bedroom filled with light. It was a shock after a few days of gray, snow on and off, and winds. It's still cold, 28º, and snow sits on roofs and around tree trunks but it will get up to the 40s later in the day.  Although I love winter and the cold, I am ready for it to warm up some, just not in the 80s or 90s until June or July. I am still waiting for spring.  It's 9:00, Evie's up and I was able to get in a forty-five-minute paddle, down to Sandy Bottom and back. It was a sunny paddle most of the way but windy heading back although I hugged the shore to be safe. 

Kayak Morning

Into The Sun

Northern Sky


Wood Duck

Yesterday was a day of rest, of recovering from our road trip, of boredom actually as the only thing on our plate was a dentist appointment for Evie at 11:00 in Jamestown. It was snowing and cold much of the morning so I did not get in a paddle, just finished up the blog and sat around the living room, reading and wondering what to do with myself. Evie left at 10:30 and was gone until around 2:00, doing some shopping after her appointment. I watched some of the NBA games until noon when I fixed lunch, ramen and a bagel with avocados and tomatoes.  I watched another episode of The Sopranos. Tony is still in the hospital recovering from a gunshot wound.  It's a bit boring as the family sits around his bed waiting for him to recover as he dreams. 

Snow On Our Rhododendrons

Evie was home by 2:00 and I had just awakened from a good nap,  We both relaxed but by 4:00, I was ready to get outside, so I walked for a half-hour in our woods, braving the wind and cold.  It actually felt good so I must have needed to get some exercise. 

Woodlawn

A Solitary Pine

A Walk In The Woods

We enjoyed a happy hour with good cheese until 7:0 when Evie put together our dinner, BLTs, easy but good.  It's about the best sandwich there is. We watched Jeopardy then finished the series The Outlaws on Prime before bed. It was good to be home, as always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...