Sunday, April 3, 2022

Spring Snow Flurries

7:12

7:58

I woke to snow on roofs, some white on lawns on a 32º morning. At the moment, it's 7:10 and I can see snowflakes falling, though not sticking on our lawn. It looks like another gray, overcast day with bouts of either drizzle or sleet as Spring struggles to come out. I feel bad about sitting here and not going kayaking but the falling sleet, gray skies, and cold weather keep me on my couch. 

Trail At Tom's Point

Northern Sky

Tom's Point

Yesterday, unlike today, was sunny, with blue skies, puffy clouds, and temperatures in the 30s most of the day, giving it a chill. We were both up early, alas, watching the sunrise, the day begin.  I went out for a paddle around 8:00 and was gone for close to an hour.  It was great to be back on the lake. When I returned, Evie was busy cutting up eggplant and roasting it, the first step in our ziti dinner. I gathered the trash and was off to the Transfer Station around 10:30, dropped off the trash then drove another mile and parked behind Hogans', at Tom's Point Trailhead. It was a fine day for a walk, lots of sun, a decent trail as I marked numerous gopher holes with sticks, making sure other hikers would avoid spraining an ankle. 

Marking Gopher Holes

It's three-quarters of a mile out to the point, an easy hike and I then walked around the Power Boat Club and Bootey Bay development before walking back to the car, It felt good to be out on a crisp Saturday morning and as usual, the only one on the trail. 

Bridge To Bemus Point 

Spring Blue

I was home by 12:30 and Evie made me a couple of meatloaf sandwiches to go along with the last of the squash/carrot soup.  I watched the end of the UConn/Stanford Women's semifinal, then another episode of The Sopranos. While I was enjoying lunch, Evie put together the meat sauce for the ziti then relaxed in the TV room after I had lunch.  I took a nap, loved it, and started another book, this time another crime novel, Dead Irish by John Lescroart. So far so good.  Neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon, other than reading, relaxing, and watching a movie on TV. 

Around 5:30, I cooked up the ziti noodles, then Evie put together the layers for the ziti and baked it for a good hour. Once it was done, we let it sit for 20 minutes and Evie made a salad and heated up a sourdough roll. We loved our dinner, one of our all-time family favorites, and watched the first half of the Kansas/Villanova game. I had it saved and we watched the second half later after we watched a film we thought we might like but ended up hoping it would end sooner rather than later.  We then watched the second half of the Kansas game, happy to see them play well and win. Evie was then ready for bed so I stayed up for a bit and watched the first ten minutes of the NC/Duke game but soon got bored by their erratic play, one on one offense, and went to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...