Sunday, April 10, 2022

A Coating Of Snow


7:23

8:32

Well, as predicted, it snowed some overnight, enough to turn the green lawns white as well as most house roofs. It's 33º with a light wind and at 7:00, all is gray. It should warm up into the 40s but we probably won't see the sun for a couple of days. I did get in a brief, 25-minute paddle and cut it short because of the waves and wind. 

Kayak Morning

Choppy Lake

Yesterday was another one of those bipolar weather days, sleeting one minute, threatening skies, the next moment blue skies, and some sunshine.  I was able to get in an hour paddle, photograph some birds before finishing the blog, and have breakfast. Our Saturday morning rituals don't change much, enjoyed our morning coffee then by 10:30, gather the trash and I am off to a busy Transfer Station.  When I returned home, Evie gave me a quick trim and I needed it as I was getting shabby. I then showered, looked in the mirror for the first time in weeks, combed my hair and was ready for the rest of the day.

For lunch, I finished up the chicken salad sandwich from Friday and watched my show.  I then took a brief nap before getting dressed up because we were going to a funeral at the Bemus Lutheran Church for a local builder and friend of at least 25 years.  There were quite a few people there, none of whom we recognized except for his wife.  We talked with her briefly, said our condolences, then left to see if there was anything of interest at Skillman's in Bemus.

We were home by 2:30 and spent the rest of the afternoon sitting in the TV room watching the Masters. The weather was such that we did not mind staying in and we had not watched much golf in years so it was kind of fun.  Evie made some popcorn and we stayed with it till 7:00 when the last putt went in. 


6:23

For dinner, we had BLTls, quick and easy after spending much of the afternoon watching TV.  We watched a new film with Joaquin Phoenix called C'mon, C'mon, about an uncle who spends a couple weeks taking of his needy, unhappy, eight-year-old nephew.  It was not one of my favorites but Evie liked it.  We ended the night with some silly HGTV and I was happy to get back to my John Grisham novel, Sycamore Row, set in a racist Mississippi, like many of his works.

Our Grandson, Nick, And His Fiance, Aundraya, At A Couple's Shower



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...