Friday, April 29, 2022

A Bright Shiny Morninng

Long Point This Morning

6:45

9:04

I woke at 6:00 and the sun was already up in the eastern sky, filling the house with its light.  Not a ripple on the lake, as the winds have died for the moment. A mist moves slowly over the lake on a cold, frosty morning of 30º. When I opened the front door to take a morning photo, a heron flew off from our wall. What a glorious morning for a 75-minute paddle on the lake, not a ripple, just smooth padding, across the lake to Long Point, back to Sandy Bottom, and home. I needed shades and a ball cap and mittens because of the sun and chill but I loved it. And some good news, the dock guys just arrived so we will have our dock in shortly. 

Kayak Morninng

Eastern Sky

Victoria/Woodlawn

Mom And Pop Wood Ducks

Bros

Yesterday was back to routine. I got in a good forty-five-minute paddle despite the chill and was off to yoga by 9:30. I am not sure why but class attendance has dropped off recently. I enjoyed the class and it felt good to spend most of the class on hip openers.  Aftward, I stopped at Aldi's and picked up a few things for the week so we don't have to shop over the weekend. 

When I got home, Evie had my lunch ready, a couple of avocados and tomato sandwiches and I made so ramen in the microwave. Tony is finally out of the hospital but troubles abound. Evie took off to go to the gym and walk on the treadmill.  My afternoon was typical, reading and napping, waiting for Evie to return. I did some work outside and took three barrels of deadfall up the hill and thought about all the yard things that need to get done once it warms up some. 

Ron picked me up and 6:00 and we had a boy's night out at the Seezurh House since Linda was in Pittsburgh with her sisters. We both ordered burgers and beers, what else, and spent the dinner reminiscing about the good old days when we could still play basketball. Our waitress was also the bartender so she was quite busy.  We drove home in sunlight still, a surprise after the early nights of winter.  When I got home, we watched Jeopardy and Colbert, ending the night with Tokyo Diary, neither one of our favorites. It may be relegated to lunch viewing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...