Thursday, April 7, 2022

It Looks Like A Rainy Day

7:39

Light wind and gray skies welcomed me this morning as I came down at 6:45 for my coffee. The flag, unfortunately, looks stuck on the flag pole, something that happens occasionally. I usually take my paddle out and unfurl it unless it's frozen to the pole. Because it rained on and off overnight, the grass is wet, and puddles gather on our road. Ir's 9:20 as I finish this after breakfast in Bemus and soon, I will be off to yoga and do some shopping. 

Yesterday was another day of mixed weather.  I was able to get in a good paddle for an hour which was great even though the weatherman predicted rain.  By the time I returned, in fact, blue skies were out for a good part of the morning. We did not have much on the agenda for the day, no worry about dinner because we were going out with friends.  So we did a few things around the house, like vacuuming and cleaning.  

Victoria/Woodlawn

Victoria Creek

Spring Woods

Around 11:00, I needed to get outside and went for a walk around our woods, a bit chilly along the lake, warming when I walked in the woods,  It felt like Spring for once and I even saw signs of Spring, purple flowers.  

Spring Flowers

For lunch, Evie made me a delicious quesadilla with cheese, tomatoes, and avocados and I watched my show, The Sopranos. Once lunch was done, Evie took off to do some shopping a TJ Maxx, our only clothing store around now that the mall is practically moribund. I did my usual, read and napped, and read and napped and thought about yoga but that was as far as I got. Evie was home by 3:30 and I was bored enough to clean our back porch and do some sweeping of our sidewalks. 

By 6:00, we were on our way to pick up Linda and Ron and have dinner at Bellini's, the bistro in the Chautauqua Suites Hotel.  It was not very busy, maybe four or five other tables. We had not been there in three or four years. It has a nice menu and we loved their appetizer of beer cheese and pretzels.  The gals ordered salads and I had a veggie pizza, and Ron tacos so we were happy.  We stayed talking until 8:00, dropped them off, and were home by 8:40, in time to watch a couple of our shows before going up to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...