Thursday, April 21, 2022

Road Trip To Effingham, IL

5:56

6:13

I was up at 5:30, anxious to get on our way.  It's warmed up some this morning, 48º, with partly cloudy skies and heavy winds from the southeast. We are heading west, at least as far west as Kansas City, to attend our grandson, Nick's wedding,  for an exciting weekend with family and friends.

Yesterday was a beautiful spring day, the kind we expect and love.  The day began with a brilliant sunrise, and blue skies and I was out kayaking for well over an hour, enjoying the calm lake, the lake-like and for once blue skies.  When I returned home, we finished the blog and had breakfast before we both got busy with planning for our trip, organizing clothes, toiletries, computer stuff, etc. As usual, I was done quickly while Evie took somewhat longer.  As a result, the morning went quickly, especially when you are busy so before we knew it, Evie was off to return things and do some shopping and I went out in the yard and gathered another trash barrel of deadfall from the past weekend's snow and winds.  

I heated up soup for lunch and made avocado and tomato sandwiches on toast. Tony is still in ICU, recovering from having been shot by his Uncle who is suffering from dementia. For some reason, I was really tired and took a good hour plus nap, waking only when Evie got home.  We did little the rest of the afternoon although Evie gave me a quick trim before showering.

This Is More Spring Like

For dinner, we had a delicious salmon salad, with tomatoes and avocadoes, finishing up anything perishable in the refrigerator. We decided to skip Stephen and watched two more episodes of The Outlaws and hope we remember what's happening when we return home next week. I am reading a book I like by Lily King, called The English Teacher, apropos I guess.  She teaches at a prep school where her fifteen-year-old son also attends and she's just married although not too happy or so it seems.  I remember really liking King's Writers & Lovers.  We went to bed earlier than usual, hoping to be up early and on our way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...