Monday, April 4, 2022

A Sunny, Calm Lake Morning

7:05

9:07

I woke to a surprise, the gray skies and wintry mix of Sunday gave way to clear skies and a sunrise that brightened up our living room. Not a ripple on the lake, as geese honk, on a chilly 27º morning. It looks like a good day. It's after 9:00 as I finish this, after an hour paddle on the lake, chasing rafts of buffleheads, photographing pairs of wood ducks, a wonderful morning on the lake.

Kayak Morning


A Woodlawn Morning

Buffleheads

A Colorful Male Wood Duck

A Pair Of Wood Ducks

Sunday as I mentioned above was drab and cold, as it either snowed, drizzled, or sleeted most of the day. In fact, the precipitation was so slight that we had to look carefully to see that it was falling.  Needless to say, I did not kayak but stayed in and enjoyed a leisurely morning coffee as I wrote the blog. Once it was done we got semi-busy and Evie realized we were out of salad.  I am always happy to go shopping so I drove to Wegman's around 10:30, did a quick run-through on a surprisingly busy Sunday at the grocery store. I should remember that Sunday is a busy day, like 2% Tuesdays. I also stopped at Tractor Supply, looking for some grub/mole control but I guess I will have to see if Home Depot has something.

When I returned home, I watched the end of the Duke/NC game while Evie made our breakfast, fried eggs with potato pancakes from leftover mashed potatoes.  We then watched CBS Sunday Morning and once it was finished, I adjourned to the couch to read and eventually nap. Since I was up so early, at 5:30, I took a good nap, the kind where you wake up wondering if it's morning or afternoon. 

Because of the weather, neither of us was interested in a walk so we basically spent the afternoon waiting for dinner time.  Around 6:00, Evie made rice, roasted the asparagus and made a salad while I seared the lamb chops and finished them in the oven.  The chops were tasty, something we have not had in quite a while.  We watched a quirky but decent film called Riders Of Justice on Hulu. A military officer loses his wife in a train accident. A survivor and two friends convince him the train was sabotaged by a violent biker gang called the Riders of Justice. The aggrieved father then seeks revenge, decimating the gang only to realize that the gang was not responsible for the train wreck. A violent and funny film.  We then watched the Grammys and for the most part, we thought it was one of the better years, lots of great performances.  Billie Eilish was amazing along with John Baptise from the Colbert show.  The 'In Memoria' sung by four different singers gave us goosebumps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...