Wednesday, April 13, 2022

This Is More Like It

6:39

6:49

8:54

A partly cloudy morning but already in the 50s and may get up to 70 later in the day. I can hear the geese honking as well as a solitary loon off in the distance.  And a guy in a fishing kayak was out by 7:00, fishing off the reeds. It's after 9:00 as we finish the blog and I kayaked for over an hour, down to the Powerboat Club and back, with a sighting of a great blue heron but he flew off just as I was getting my camera out. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Victoria/Woodlawn

Bemus Bay

Wood Ducks

Love The Eyes

Yesterday was a stellar Spring Day, with lots of sunshine, and warmth with a bit of chill to it much of the day. I kayaked for an hour, out by 7:15, before having breakfast, finishing up the blog, and driving off to a yoga class in Lakewood.  For the first time, ever, we had more guys (four of us) than gals (2 of them).  History was made and we had a good laugh about having a men's morning. After class, I had coffee with a fellow yoga student. He's a bicyclist, and boater and told me about his upcoming vacation in the Virgin Islands where he has rented a huge catamaran to sail around the island with friends.  He has just recently gotten his large boat captain license. Cool.  I then did a quick stop at Home Depot and exchanged a ten-foot ice maker hose for a five-footer, which is all we really needed. 

Wood Duck Waddling In Our Yard

I was home by 12:15 and Evie had my lunch ready, a western sandwich, and all I needed to do was heat it up.  She was off for TJ and Wegmans by 12:30 and I enjoyed my sandwich and watched another episode of The Sopranos where Tony and Carmela get it on despite their separation. Tony's a hound. I read some, briefly napped, then carried the lounge chair out to the side yard and enjoyed reading in the sun for an hour. It actually felt like Spring, like summer might not be far behind. Evie returned home around 3:30 with lots of groceries for the next week.  I helped her unpack, then went back out to enjoy the sun and view. 

Daffodils

A Sunny, Warm Afternoon

At 5:00 she had a Zoom call with her sisters and I, having tired of reading, watched an episode of the Rockford Files on Roku, with commercials by the way. We had a rotisserie chicken for dinner, along with a salad,  potatoes, and Brussels sprouts. We watched an intense, unsettling film from Germany called System Crasher, about a nine-year-old wild child and the attempts of social service to find her a home and teach her to reign in aggressive impulses. It's heartbreaking.  We ended the night with Jeopardy as a welcome relief from the emotions of the film. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...