Friday, April 8, 2022

There Goes The Sun

7:56

7:00

7:46

9:20

It's 7:10 and a vast cloud bank just blocked the sunrise, turning the outside dark, as a light rain begins to fall.  It's a chilly 34º and we may even get some snow flurries over the weekend.  And we had a frost overnight so Spring is still struggling to arrive.  It's 9:45 as I finish the blog, after an hour paddle north, down to Hadley Bay and back, scaring off numerous rafts of buffleheads.

Kayak Morning

Eastern Sky

Bufflehead

Yesterday was a busy morning, with breakfast in Bemus before a drive to Lakewood to a Yin Yoga class. I caused a sensation as I tripped and almost fell over a yoga block, scaring the heck out of my fellow students. The class was longer than usual, with lots of relaxation time, as we held numerous poses for up to five minutes. I then drove to Home Depot, looking for something to get rid of grubs but could not find anything.  So I stopped at Mike's Nursery.  They had a bag of milky spore but it was a hundred bucks so I will keep looking. 

While I was gone, Evie was busy going through our pantry in the TV room, getting rid of stuff we no longer use or need. Lunch was the leftover veggie pizza from Bellinis, and I really enjoyed it, one of our favorites. The afternoon was nothing out of the ordinary, reading, napping, watching the Republicans vote NO on the Katanji Brown Jackson nomination for Supreme Court Justice. What a bunch of yahoos.  Around 4:15, I decided to get in a short walk and was out for a half-hour, in a drizzle, then sleet as I came home.  I loved it.

Threatening Afternoon Sky

Woods Of Woodlawn/Victoria

Side Yard At 4:45

Around 5:30, I washed some red potatoes and put them in the oven to bake as Evie pounded out the pork schnitzel, breaded it, and let it dry for a half-hour. She then fried them up at 6:15, made a salad and we had a delicious dinner.  Nothing better than pork schnitzel with applesauce.  We watched an Academy Nominate film from Norway, The Worst Person In The World.  It was a bit slow to start with but we ended up liking it and would recommend it. It follows a young woman, in her 20s, over a four-year period. She has several romantic relationships as tries to find herself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...