Wednesday, April 6, 2022

A Changing Morning Sky

6:56

7:36

8:56

I woke at 6:00 I think but I had forgotten to charge my Apple Watch so I wasn't sure of the time.  I did get back to sleep till 6:50 when I came downstairs to get my coffee. I am not sure depending on a watch is a good thing or not.  It's 9:00 and I have been out paddling for over an hour, starting with overcast skies, ending with the sun out, some blue skies, and a still placid lake. I saw lots of buffleheads, a loon, a couple of pairs of wood ducks, and I think a grebe. It was clear when I started, then foggy, and then cleared up by the time I returned home.


Kayak Mornings





Yesterday turned out to be a decent day, with some sun, decent temperatures, and no rain. I kayaked for forty-five minutes before returning to finish the blog and have breakfast.  By 9:10, I was on my way to yoga, a good 75-minute class. I then had a light lunch and watched the second half of the Kansas/NC game before we left for Jamestown because Evie had a doctor's appointment at 1:00. After the appointment, we were tempted to stop and do some shopping but resisted the temptation and came straight home. And that was it for the day for both of us.  We spent the rest of the afternoon thinking about what we should do but not doing it. We should have gone for a walk but didn't.  Our only exercise was watching the guys next door work on our neighbor's house, scraping it and getting it ready to paint, a sure sign of Spring.

Loon

Wood Ducks

Wood Ducks


Grebe

Dinner was easy, warming up the leftover baked ziti, enjoying it along with a salad and sourdough roll. We started a film, Carrie Pilby but after a half-hour, neither of us was into it so we switched to our regulars, Colbert and Jeopardy. Evie went to bed earlier than usual so I watched some NBA games before going up to read before sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...