Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Blue Skies On A White Morning

6:23

6:43

7:17

6:46

6:50

Well, the lawn still has a layer of snow but the winds, the sleet, and rain, have stopped and the sky for the first time in days, is clear, the sun just beginning to rise at 6:42. 

Kayak Morning

Woodlawn

Buffleheads Still Hanging Around

Kingfisher

Cardinal Beachin It

Wood Duck

Yesterday was not a Spring-like day, at least not the way I think of Spring with warming mornings, tulips, daffodils, and things turning green. Instead, we had an almost steady mix of rain or sleet and heavy winds once again, this time from the northwest. I did kayak for a half-hour although it wasn't much fun because of the weather.  At 9:10, I left for yoga in Lakewood and had a good class with Courtney. I then stopped for a coffee at Ryders, talked with the regulars, Paul and Dave, then had my glasses readjusted at the Spectrum eyewear office. That was it for me till dinner time. 

When I returned home, Evie had been busy, getting ready for our road trip tomorrow.  Lunch was the leftover lamb curry and rice, so I was happy, enjoying the final season of The Sopranos. Because of the weather, we hunkered down most of the afternoon although, after my nap, I set up our new HP printer, compliments of Amazon.  It's never easy but I had it done in twenty minutes to Evie's delight. Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 and by 6:00, we were on our way to pick up Ron and Linda for dinner.

We went for the second time in two weeks to Bellini's in the Chautauqua Escapes Hotel. It was burger night and we had our choice of burger and fries for eight bucks, the cheapest thing in town.  We all ordered burgers although Evie and Linda got salads instead of fries, good girls. It was much more crowded than the previous week, probably because of the special. We stayed until 8:00 and were home in time to watch our shows and another episode of The Outlaws on Prime which we highly recommend. a quirky comedy with very different characters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...