Thursday, April 14, 2022

A 60º Spring Morning


6:03

6:26

9:00

I was up at 6:00, to a crack of light above the horizon.  The sky has now become partly cloudy, with gray clouds hanging over Tom's Point, some open sky over Long Point. Because the lake was so striking this morning, sunny, blue, and calm, I got in a 25-minute paddle before breakfast and was rewarded with my first photograph of a great blue heron. Exciting

Kayak Morning

A Great Blue Heron

Victoria/Woodlawn

Yesterday it got into the 70s in the afternoon and it did not feel right.  The temperature, however, was perfect for kayaking and though I started out on a choppy lake, it calmed down as I paddled making for a fine morning paddle. Once the blog and breakfast were done, we dawdled as I had to drive to Jamestown for an appointment with a dermatologist at 11:30 for a full-body scan. They keep me coming back every six months because I had a melanoma removed a couple of years ago. I guess they are being careful. As I walked out to the car, it was pouring and I drove home in a downpour, heavy enough to make it hard to see as I drove. 

For lunch, I had egg salad sandwiches, and watched TV, as the sky cleared and it warmed up into the 70s for the first time in 2022. I did not sit out in the yard, however, just relaxed on the couch reading and napping. Not much was accomplished the rest of the afternoon although I did work on getting the purple martin houses ready to raise on poles in the lake in the next week. 

Our friends Linda and Ron picked us up at 6:00 and we drove to Jamestown to La Cucina Delle La Nonna, one of our favorite Italian restaurants. For some reason, the bar is always empty so we found four seats around a corner and were quickly served our drinks. Everyone ordered something different, from pizza to meatballs and spaghetti to a huge serving of chicken parmesan, my delicious choice and enough for a big lunch today.  It was fun as always getting together with our friends, catching up on all the 'big news' of Chautauqua County.  We were home by 8:30, in time to watch Tokyo Vice and Jeopardy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...