Tuesday, July 20, 2021

A Hazy, Lazy Morning

6:59

It's 6:50 and I start this and have been up for an hour, listening to Morning Joe for the first time in weeks.  I feel like I have been out of the news loop recently and have not missed it to be honest. Ignorance is bliss.  It's 8:15,  Evie's up already doing more wash and I returned from a 50-minute paddle, spotting a couple of herons and an eagle perched high in a tree over the reeds. 

Kayaking Into The Morning Haze

Heron At Long Point

Bald Eagle

Heron At Campground

Yesterday was a great day on the lake for a family gathering.  Unfortunately, our family left a few days ago in the rain.  I kayaked for over an hour on an increasingly warm morning.  Evie was up early as well and spent a good part of the morning and afternoon busy in the house and garden.  Fun.  I did a few things outside, getting rid of the barrels sitting on our dock because of the high water.  I had a doctor's appointment at noon for an ear that has been bothering me but everything looks fine.  It's just an annoying feeling, like water in my ear. O, well, on with it.  

Hydrangea Bloom

I had a busy afternoon, leaving for the can man at 1:30, making 15 bucks off of returnables, stopped at Lakewood Furniture for their special rug cleaner called Suds.  I then picked up my new glasses, reground for my new prescription, free of charge, and ended up at Schultz Subaru to have my car checked out because numerous lights were on, like check engine, check brakes, etc.  I sat there for an hour and found out a cable on my emergency brake was bad which created, supposedly, all these lights turning on.  It was safe to drive and they would order the part and call me when it came in.  Fortunately, I bought an extended warranty program so the cost will be covered.

When I returned home, Evie was on the dock enjoying the afternoon sun and breeze.  We did not have to worry about dinner because we were going out to the Viking Club for Monday night's specials, Reubens and Cubans.  We got there at 6:30, decided to sit at the bar for old time's sake, waited in a line for beers, and ordered our sandwiches.  It was not particularly crowded despite the nice weather and we had our sandwiches within 15 minutes.  They were excellent, better than ever, and we enjoyed sitting at the bar talking briefly with Carol, a friend who also waitresses at the Rod and Gun Club. We were home by 8:00 and watched two episodes of a show someone recommended called Professor T, on Prime Video.  We watched two episodes while enjoying ice cream with peaches but are not particularly taken with the series.  We will keep searching. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...