Saturday, July 31, 2021

At The DMV

Hydrangea Blossom

6:23

A pleasantly cool morning on a quiet lake.  It feels more like a Saturday in September than the end of July. I kayaked for over an hour, my usual spin, to Long Point, across to Sandy Bottom and along Woodlawn.  I spotted three different herons so it was a good morning paddle.

Kayak Morning

Long Point




Friday was another leisurely day although the wind was fierce much of the day, making it impossible to get out on the lake.  I did try kayaking early but was out for only ten minutes.  I had no yoga so after a few chores, I drove to the DMV, to returned my plates from the Honda and to attempt to get an enhanced driver's license, which allows me into Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean without a passport.  Before I left I told Evie I know I will not have the proper identification cards and I was right although I brought four to prove my identity, just not my social security card.  I expected it so no hissy fit and will be back next week. 

From The Dock Friday Afternoon

When I returned Evie was finishing up her book, The Good Sister, so I decided it was a good day for a bike ride so I drove over to Bemus and biked through the village, Long Point State Park, and back, about an hour's ride on a windy day.  It felt good to be on my bike, in the woods.  When I got home, Evie had the chili ready to heat up, the last of it, so that was my lunch and I watched some of the Olympics and another episode of Bosch before taking a good nap.  The rest of the afternoon we lolled around, either reading in the yard or porched, depending on the wind, waiting for wine time at 5:00.  

We were looking forward to dinner because Evie had pulled a couple of nice fat pork chops out of the freezer and breaded them and I had picked up a dozen ears of corn in Ashville late afternoon.  We ate around 7:00 and both the corn, pork chops, and salad were scrumptious. We started a film after ten minutes turned it off and tried a new series on HBOMax called White Lotus, set in a destination hotel in the Pacific.  So far, we are sticking with it.  

Bees Lovin Dahlias


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...