Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Rain And Thunder Overnight

Stages Of Evie's First Dahlia Bloom

8:33

We woke up to a refreshed morning after an inch of rain, the thunder waking both of us.  Right now it's 72º and the sun is out though the glare makes it difficult to read on my computer.  It's 9:00 as I finish this after a half-hour paddle, a sighting of a heron. Today is the first of a couple of exciting days as our daughter Beth and her daughter Marisa arrive this afternoon at Buffalo Niagara International Airport. 

Kayak Morning

Great Blue Heron Morning

Yesterday was not as busy as we thought as most things were done in preparation for our kids.  After kayaking and writing the blog, I wanted to get things done before it became too hot so I washed the front windows once again and sprayed the foundation of our house for spiders.  Once that was done, I had worked up quite a sweat even though it was 9:30 in the morning.  Evie did some watering from the lake thinking it had not rained in a few days.  Little did she know we would get an inch Tuesday night.  Around 11:00, I drove to Mayville, stopping at the Lighthouse, a hardware store, and checking on my kayak.  It's still not ready. 

For lunch, I cut up the leftover dogs in the baked beans, heated it up in the microwave and I had a good old-fashioned lunch of wieners and beans.  I watched my show, then took a good nap before getting a few more things done both in the house and outside like getting rid of the last of the lake weeds from my cutting.  I left for a final eye appointment at 3:00, stopped to get the car washed, and fill up my extra propane tank.  My appointment went well; my vision has improved with the surgery immensely but I will still need glasses.  The eye doctor asked me where I lived and when I told him the Woodlawn neighborhood, he laughed because that's where he grew up, a small world.

When I returned home, we walked over to Barb and Jim's house for beers and appetizers and sat on their front porch until almost 8:00, talking, visiting with Jim's sister, Diane, enjoying a few beers and some great appetizers.  We had no need for dinner after vegetable sliders with artichoke hearts, cheese, roasted red peppers, and pepperoncini.  Yum

We ended the night, as usual, watching a Jeopardy and a couple more episodes of Working Wives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...