Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Here Comes The Fog

6:21

6:22

6:56
I woke to a sun rising but now, at 7:21, the fog has arrived, obscuring much of the lake. I hope it disappears sooner rather than later so I can kayak. Well, it's after 9:00 and I kayaked for an hour and a half, down to Snug Harbor Marina and back, as the fog lifted. 

Kayak Morning/Long Point/Tom's Point

Three Herons

Snug Harbor

Wood Duck

Yesterday was another one of those days of 'large leisure', as the only thing we got done was Evie mowing the lawn, almost suffering heatstroke because of the humidity and heat.  Fortunately, she was smart enough to mow for ten minutes, then rest and hydrate. The morning was as usual on a Tuesday, kayaking, breakfast, and a good yoga class in Lakewood. Afterward, I did a quick run-through at Walmart, picking up a few things Evie needed for dinner. It was crowded as always, especially since so many other stores have closed in our Mall.

When I returned home, it was lunchtime.  I fried up pita in a frying pan, warmed up the koftes and tomato sauce, and had a great lunch, as we finally finished our Turkish leftovers.  I watched the men's volleyball team lose their final match to Russia, close but no cigar.  

Once Evie was finished with the lawn and I had lunch, we both hunkered down in our closed-up house, staying cool, happy to be doing nothing.  I watched more Olympics than I should have and read some until 5:00 when Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters.  While she zoomed, I watched the first episode of a classic TV series, Prime Suspect, with Helen Mirren, not sure why.  

After the Zoom call, Evie made a delicious salad, with a side of cucumbers and avocados in a lime/mayo/siracha sauce, along with corn fritters, rice, and a filet of sea trout.  We were not sure what to watch, realized with had not finished the series Hacks, and ending up watching the last five episodes, finishing the series.  It was a good way to end the night.

Dahlia Daze





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...