Thursday, July 22, 2021

Chillin On A Foggy Morning

7:44

It's 54º at the moment, the fog thick enough to obscure almost anything beyond our dock.  I am not sure I am going to get a paddle in because of the fog.  And so it goes.  It's 9:10 and I am back from breakfast on a beautiful lake morning. 

le baron

Yesterday was a cloudy day early, with a few drops of rain overnight but it cleared up in the afternoon, with a windy, choppy lake.  I had a good paddle, took my time as we had nothing we had to do early on. After breakfast, Evie wanted the privets trimmed, so I worked on them for a bit, even putting a ladder in the water to get at some of the taller privets.  Around 11:00, I headed off to do some shopping while Evie made a pot of lentil soup.  Wegmans was surprisingly busy for a Wednesday and I was not sure whether to wear a mask or not.  If I wore one, would I be seen as someone who was  not vaccinated, or vaccinated but worried about the Delta virus, or just an example to the unvaccinated?  As I shopped, probably 15 to 20% of shoppers wore masks, even a few workers.  After shopping, I decided to skip coffee and drove straight home.  Evie had lunch ready, leftovers from this past week, a Slovenian sausage, and a sandwich made up of teriyaki steak, both tasty. 

Lilac Time

After lunch, I fell asleep reading, the result of the cool weather, perfect for napping.  Around 3:00, I met my boat guy at the Prendergast Boat Launch.  He had rewired my bilge, added a second battery for safety, and we launched it on windy and choppy seas.  I took my time cruising home, met Evie at the dock, and tied it up, hoping we might go for a cruise later but it was too windy alas.  Evie could not resist the temptation, then, to mow the lawn despite the fact parts were still damp from the rain last week.  So while she mowed, I read and waited for happy hour.  Once she was finished, it was after 5:00, so we sat on our front porch enjoying a libation once dinner was prepped and in the oven.  The lake was surprisingly quiet for a July afternoon, perhaps because of the wind.  

Dinner was baked fish with a bread crumb topping, baked potatoes, corn, and a salad.  And while we ate, Evie had put together a dessert, peach halves topped with ground almonds, sugar, and butter and baked it for forty-five minutes.  We watched a Colbert and enjoyed his interview with the engaging star of Ted Lasso, Jason Sudeikis.  For some reason, we came across the beginning of the film, Silver Linings Playbook and ended up watching it until 10:00 while enjoying our dessert, topped with ice cream.  Both of us had seconds it was so good.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...