Tuesday, July 6, 2021

A Sultry Lake Morning

6:26

8:33

It's 8:30 and I already worked up a sweat, kayaking for forty-five minutes, Evie, too, busy in the garden and the house.  It's been in the'80s the last few days, alas, more like Florida than Chautauqua.  I guess we had better get used to it.

Kayak Morning

Where's The Heron

Yesterday was a day of recovery, from the fun weekend, cleaning up, getting everything ready for our family's arrival starting tomorrow.  Yippee.  We finally finished a few more projects so we are ready for our kids.  Evie took me to pick up my Honda, which unfortunately is on its last legs, too expensive to fix once again.  So we may be down to one car in a few weeks.  Anyone want a 2000 Honda Accord which needs some work? 

When we returned home, I wanted to get more weeds cut, so I put on my suit, Evie sprayed me with sunscreen and I was out for an hour, in the only cool place around, up to my neck in water.  As I have mentioned before, it's a neverending task but for now, our lake area looks and feels pretty good.  I came in and Evie had lunch ready, a couple of chicken sandwiches with pickles and mayo.  I am still watching Queen of The South for some reason, probably because I am too lazy to look for something else.

It was surprisingly cool in our house because we closed it up around 8:00 so I was able to get in a nap and read comfortably on a couch.  Evie was able to relax some as well but joined me later in the afternoon when I went back out to the lake, to cool off and cut more weeds.  It's addictive.

Around 5:30, we relaxed on the front porch, still warm but with a light breeze.  Evie had a lemonade and I had a light vodka tonic, a good drink in this heat.  I imagined I was back in India, in their heat and humidity.  We had, what else, leftovers from Sunday for dinner, burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, and coleslaw.  Evie thought it was even better than the day before.  We realized there were new episodes of Working Wives on Netflix so we went through four or five episodes before going up to bed early.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...