Sunday, July 4, 2021

A Glorious 4th Of July Morning

5:51

8:24

It's 8:30, with a light breeze and a blinding sun's reflection on the lake, making it impossible to look out our front windows. I kayaked for over an hour, to Tom's Point and home, and caught a pair of eagles, perched in a tree along with a solitary eagle, perched in another tree about twenty yards away. Cool beans.

Kayak Morning

A Tall Guy

Mom Or Pop Bald Eagle With Juvenile 

At Least A Five-Year-Old Eagle

Mallards Preening


Saturday was busier than usual for some reason, probably because I had some mojo and felt like getting things done,  First, I fixed our dock, putting in a new board on our end piece.  It's not that difficult but as always, I made it so, not having the right drill bit, then finding the board was too wide, necessitating getting help with a neighbor and his pry bar.  Anyways, I did it. After that, I drove to Mayville to pick up ground chuck for tonight's dinner as well as a rotisserie chicken for last night's dinner. I also stopped at Tops to pick up some goodies for later in the week and reluctantly stopped at the Kayak place to find out my kayak has yet to be fixed.  It's only been three months.  

When I got home, I relaxed some, had a great lunch of a Turkish omelet with feta cheese and tomatoes, a menemen in Turkish, then tried to nap without any luck.  So I gathered up all the trash from the week and took it to the Transfer Station and then stopped at a very busy Hogan's for gas and to pick up some flares for tonight's Light Up the Lake at 10:00.  When I got home, I talked with my buddy Ron and I drove down to his house to pick up a couple of portable beds for the next week when our kids arrive.  It's really helpful to have good friends!

When I returned home, I was tempted to cut weeds but ran out of energy, so I grabbed a beer and sat outside with my next-door neighbor, enjoying the late afternoon on the lake.  Around 6:30, Evie got busy in the kitchen, making parslied potatoes, a salad, and cutting up the rotisserie chicken.  I microwaved three ears of corn and we had a tasty dinner. And I am still struggling with how to use our dishwasher efficiently, as I want to rinse everything and what do I do with the pots or the large salad bowl? Or the two coffee cups we use each morning.  Problems, problems.  We watched Real Time With Bill Maher, then the last two episodes of Ted Lasso which we now highly recommend.  And that was it for the day.

Bald Eagles 


1 comment:

  1. More than two years ago I discovered your blog and I have been following it since. I enjoy reading about your daily life and looking at the beautiful photos. In 1968/69 my husband and I lived at 203 Locust Street in Lakewood, my husband taught German at Soutwestern High School in Jamestown. An unforgettable year for us: the excitement of living in a foreign country, friendly and helpful people who became friends, a beautiful scenery, trips to Niagara and Toronto. Reading your blog feels like still living there somehow and feeling connected with this long gone time of our live. Greetings from Germany, Ulla & Roland (ulla.mohrmann@googlemail.com )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...